Posted on 03/24/2023 • Filed in: Prayer Meeting • Dan, Daniel, Prophecy
TITL: DANIEL  THE GREATNESS OF GOD
TEXT: DANIEL 2
1. TELLING THE STORY
- a. THE KING FLIPS OUT! vs 1-6
- b. THE CHALDEANS STALL FOR TIME vs 7-11
- c. DANIEL SEEKS THE LORD vs 12-23
- d. DANIEL REPORTS THE DREAM vs 24-
- e. THE KING RECOGNIZES THE GREATNESS OF GOD vs 46-49
2. TACKLING THE TRUTH
- a. GODS HELP IS AVAILABLE… so PRAY!
- b. GODS GLORY IS EXCLUSIVE… so PROCLAIM IT!
- c. GODS KINGDOM IS COMING… so PREPARE for it!
- d. GODS WORK IS SOVEREIGN… so SUBMIT to it!
- Prayer THEMES tonight…
- HELP/PRAY: Ask God for his HELP, its available
- GLORY/PROCLAIM: Recognize your life is for His Glory. Let your life proclaim it!
- KINGDOM/PREPARE: Pray, “your kingdom come”
- SOVEREIGN/SUBMIT: and ask God to identify what hinders your worship of Him… submit to what He is doing, He is in CONTROL, and He is GOOD
Posted on 03/24/2023 • Filed in: Prayer Meeting • Dan, Daniel
TITL: DANIEL  SURVIVING BABYLON
TEXT: DANIEL 1:1-21
Some background info...
12 chapters, 2 sections… ch 1-6 Historic, how to live in a wicked/hostile culture, ch 7-12 Prophetic, Christs coming Kingdom
God promised Israel if they obeyed they would be blessed, but if they rejected God they would be judged and oppressed by other nations… Israel was divided…. 722 BC Assyrian Army conquered the Northern Kingdom… 605 BC Babylonian captivity
Author – Jesus confirmed Daniel as the author (Mat 24:15)… other mentions in Scripture = Ezek 14:14, 20; 28:3; Heb 11:32-33
Relevance – Daniel loved the very same God you love, He studied the same Bible (as far as the OT goes) that you do, lived under the same precepts that you do, and he lived in a hostile and wicked culture and he wanted to please God but faced the pressure we feel
Theme – NOT “be like Daniel, he was a good guy”, the theme is the sovereign protection of God for those who are loyal in standing for Him
- HOW DO WE SURVIVE IN “BABYLON”?
1. GODS SOVEREIGNTY IS IN EVERY CIRCUMSTANCE.
2. GODS PEOPLE REFUSE TO COMPROMISE THEIR FAITH.
- MAKE UP YOUR MIND
- ACT IN FAITH
- MAKE YOURSELF ACCOUNTABLE
3. GODS BLESSING COMES TO THOSE WHO ARE LOYAL…. WAIT FOR IT!
Posted on 03/24/2023 • Filed in: General News • Men, MOG, MOG23, Purity
The Men of God 2023 Conference was a great encouragement to our men… below is the audio files for the various messages and breakout sessions.
MOG23 MAIN SESSION 1: OVERCOMING LUST – Nate Danser
MOG23 MAIN SESSION 3: THE FOUNDATION OF A VICTORIOUS LIFE – Nate Danser
MOG23 BREAKOUT 1: BUILDING A DISCIPLINED LIFE ON THE WORD – Daniel O’Kane
MOG23 BREAKOUT 2: SETTING UP YOUR SON FOR SPIRITUAL SUCCESS – Jeremy Willetts
MOG23 BREAKOUT 3: NOT GOING LIFE ALONE – Brandon Slifer
MOG23 BREAKOUT 4: PASSIONATELY PURSUING MY WIFE – David Sellars
Posted on 03/24/2023 • Filed in: Sermon Notes • 2Cor, KenLowe, Missionary, Portugal
SURPASSING POWER IN CLAY VESSELS
Dr. Ken Lowe
- we drive out tent pegs way to deeply in this world… we treat the temporary as eternal and the eternal as if it’s temporary
2 KEY PERSPECTIVES…
1. JARS OF CLAY 4;8-12
2. GLORIOUS TREASURE 4:13-15
don’t lose heart
expect the temporal to be temporal
don’t place all your hope and investment in the physical vs 15
see your pain as preparation for glory vs 17
contrast – the physical is temporary, the spiritual is eternal
Posted on 03/06/2023 • Filed in: Sermon Notes • Mat, Matthew
The Danger of Self-Deception
Matthew 26:31-35, 69-75
How easy it is to deceive ourselves as to our spiritual health and strength! And, how dangerous! It was with good reason that David prayed, “Search me, O God, and know my heart…” (Ps. 139:23)
1. The FACTS Concerning Their Failure vs. 31-32, 34
All of the disciples will abandon Jesus in the hour of His deepest need, and Peter will even deny Him.
This was PROPHESIED in the O.T. Scriptures (Zech. 13:7).
This was PROCLAIMED by Jesus.
2. Their FEELINGS Concerning Their Faithfulness vs. 33, 35
Peter: “Even if I have to die with You, I will not deny You.”
Disciples: “All the disciple said the same thing too.”
Red Flags that Peter Ignored v. 33
He CONTRADICTED the Lord.
He thought he was BETTER than the others.
He trusted in HIS OWN STRENGTH.
Could it be that you have the same problem as Peter and the other disciples? Regardless of how you feel about yourself, you’re not nearly as strong as you ought to be if:
1.) When the Word contradicts your life, you DEFEND yourself rather than REPENT.
2.) When you are tested, you TRUST IN YOURSELF rather than PRAY.
3.) When others fail spiritually, you become PRIDEFUL rather than HUMBLE.
4.) When you are called to commune with Christ, you get SLEEPY rather than ENERGIZED. (vs. 40, 43, 45)
“Search me, O God, and know my heart. Try me, and know my anxious thoughts, and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way.” (Ps. 139:23, 24)
The Danger of Self-Deception
CONNECT questions for 3/5
Read Matthew 26:31-35, 69-75
1. Do you know:
–Which of these is of greatest concern to you?
2. What does God want to impress upon us in that all twelve of the twelve abandoned the Lord?
3. Why were the disciples, and especially Peter, so out of touch with the true degree of their own spiritual strength and steadfastness?
4. What are the benefits of spiritual self-awareness?
5. What can a person do to improve their spiritual self-awareness?
Posted on 02/27/2023 • Filed in: Featured Event • #cbckidz
Our new Calvary Kids Ministry begins March 15th, 2023.
Pastor Dennis & Jan will lead fun activities and Bible time each Wednesday from 6p to 7p for K thru 7th graders.
Adult prayer meeting starts a new Bible study in the book of Daniel.
See you there!
Posted on 02/15/2023 • Filed in: General News
We’re still in the process of updating all of the information. Be sure to check back soon for more!